Monday, February 4, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

I am puzzled as to whom I should support for president. The Republicans are out for me. They just argue over who supports the war more. As for the Democrats?......Clinton is owned by the corporate machine....Obama does not have enough experience. Besides, they just argue over who wants the troops home quicker which is contrary to what they said a few months ago about keeping forces there past 2012.
As I write this, I am listening to Democracy Now! and she is speaking with Cynthia McKinney. She is running to be the Green party candidate. Check out the movie American Blackout. She is a very inspirational speaker and would bring the needed change to our country.
But in the United States of America we only have a choice between a Republican or a Democrat, that's vanilla or vanilla bean. I like cookie dough. I want a choice. A REAL choice. Will they just "count" the votes in their favor anyway? As we have already seen in New Hampshire this year, the hand counted votes were for Obama and the computer counted ballots favored Clinton, so Clinton won.
It has come to a time in America when our votes do not truly count. It only matters what the corporate entities want. Their vote is the vote the candidates work for. The debated prove it.

I think I'm going to turn Green. Kermit was right, it's not easy being green.

No comments: